Momondo commenced in September 2006 with a 46-year old Danish businessman, Mr. Thorvald Stigsen, who founded Skygate in 1992. Skygate is the parent company of Momondo and…
In 2011, Momondo, together with Skygate, was bought by Cheapflights. Even so, Momondo remains in operation in Denmark as an independent subsidiary. Hugo Burge, who was with Cheapflights’ investor group became the Chief Executive Officer of Momondo.
Since 2013, Momondo was consecutively nominated as “World’s Leading Flight Comparison Website” and in 2011, they won the award from Danish Travel Awards as the “Best Travel Website.”
PROS: How Momondo work?
Momondo is an online travel search engine based in Copenhagen, Denmark wherein customers can search and compare airfare, hotel reservation packages and car rentals.
Momondo doesn’t only focus on searching and comparing but also provides inspiration to travellers with their Trip Finder service. Trip Finder narrows down the search options to destinations and customer’s budget to cities, shopping, beaches, nature, nightlife and skiing.
At Momondo, customers get to see thumbnails of tourist attractions by popular destinations and countries. The layout will remind you of Windows 8. Once customers pick a country destination, it directs them to another page wherein customers can search flights within the country of choice.
The last section of Momondo gives customers the option to get subscribed to their newsletter. This service lets customers receive the latest deals and offers by Momondo straight to their inbox, all they have to do is type in their email address and hit “Yes, please!”
- “What is the point in using a search engine that repeatedly shows prices several hundred pounds(GB) lower than offered at booking site. Goodbye and good riddance momondo.”
- “This is unacceptable, I’ve selected 10 different options where NONE of the flights were available! Wasting 30min each time, I no longer can trust Momondo nor the partners!”
- “I have been searching same dates for 2 weeks for flights to NY. Whenever I click on flights and price it’s never ever right! EVER! Flight is normally well over £100 more. This is a daily search, sometimes twice a day, and it’s always WAY off.”
- Website URL: www.momondo.com
- Contact Number: +45 3337 8080
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Fax Number: +45 3337 8090
- Head Office Address: Amagertorv 19, DK-1160 Copenhagen K, Denmark
After writing this Momondo review, I am not really convinced to use this online travel agency due to its inconsistent quality of service. If they are really successful then why sell to Cheapflights? Are they so incompetent that they need to seek others help?
Feel free to state your thoughts too, leave a comment below!